Committee Meeting

Wednesday, September 25, 2019


Minutes of CAGA Meeting on 25th September 2019

Present : Ged Wells, David Shaw,  Diane Troye, Frans Lytzen, Mike Ibbet, Pete Bowler, Stephen Colley

 Apologies:  Stuart Harding



Minutes of the last meeting were approved. 



Accounts:  In the bank £9,199.04

All invoices paid up to date



As detailed in the AGM letter to all plot holders any seed potatoes bought to sell in the shop will be subject to getting a price from the wholesaler first. If this is not possible then seed potatoes will not be for sale.

Steve Bowker has now stepped down from the position of shop manager duties and therefore should anyone wish to undertake this position please contact the Committee. In the meantime Pete Bowler will coordinate the running of the shop.  The committee wish to thank Steve for all the work put into managing the shop.


Shop Rota

Sunday 29th Sept    –  Pete

Sunday 6th Oct  -  Diane & David

Sunday 13th Oct  -  Stephen

Sunday 20th Oct  –  Ged

Shop duty rota to be placed on the notice board.






Distribution Centre and its’ future

A quote for the demolition of the existing hut is now in. To demolish and remove all waste would cost in the region of £12,358 + VAT. All services to the hut would need to be cut off for safety reasons.

Mike is now almost there in respect of obtaining all necessary quotes for the cost of replacing the hut or refurbishing it.

Mike will present his findings at the AGM to make all plot holders aware of what is being proposed.

Matter to be reviewed at next meeting......



Mike & Stephen



There are 14 people on the waiting list to date, with all plots now rented out.

With the end of the plot rental year approaching it is envisaged there will be some plots becoming vacant. Frans will be in touch with those on the waiting list accordingly.

Frans will obtain new Associate Membership cards for the forthcoming year.  The fee will remain the same at £3 per annum






Farmyard Manure

Details of how to obtain a large supply of manure have been posted in the window of the shop window and on the notice board near the D.C.

There are now bags of Farmyard Manure for sale in the D.C for those interested in smaller quantities.


Annual AGM

This has been booked for Wednesday 9th October at the Village Centre for an 8pm start.

All plot holders should now be in receipt of their invite letter along with their annual rental invoice.  For all those attending the AGM please make your payment on the night otherwise plot holders can pay at the shop on a Sunday up to the end of October.  As from the 1st November if a plot holder has not paid then the respective plot will be deemed vacant.






 Other Items :  

On going: Proposal made to consider putting a tow hitch on the tractor to enable the trailer (currently housed in the hut) to be better utilised for transporting heavy items around the site eg. Hedge trimmings and branches.

It is agreed to review the use of these items in 6 months time to assess whether they should be sold as there is little point in retaining equipment that is no longer used. 

 Next meeting will be on Wednesday 16th October 2019 at 7pm in the D.C




Review on going