Committee Meeting

Wednesday, October 14, 2020


Minutes of CAGA Meeting on 14th Oct 2020 via Zoom

Present : Peter Greenway, Diane Troye, David Shaw, Pete Bowler, Mike Ibbet, Bryan Roebuck, Rod Lavers, Stephen Colley, Frans Lytzen




Minutes of the last meeting were approved. 



The treasurer has completed the end of year accounts and copies were sent to all committee members in advance of the meeting.

The accounts will be made available to all plot holders via email. For those who have not provided the Association with an email address and wish to see the accounts please contact Frans Lytzen via the website and he will provide you with a copy.

In the meantime Bryan will check with auditors to have the accounts audited and report back at next meeting

Money in the bank stands at £11,442.   







The shop has been operating during lockdown for those plot holders who have placed online orders and collected them at agreed times via Pete G.  Please contact Pete Greenway via email:  to arrange purchase and collection.

An end of year stock take was carried out by Pete B and the figure is reflected in the end of year accounts accordingly.

Pete has placed an order for broad bean seeds which will have arrived by release of this report. Anyone wishing to buy broad beans please contact Pete G as stated above.

An order for compost and growbags is to be submitted shortly. The shop is currently out of stock of these items. Humax compost blend is now no longer available so will be selling Growell compost from now on.

Order for 2021 seeds will be submitted in Nov for New Year delivery.

The D.C and the toilets are to remain closed for the time being as it is not possible to comply with social distancing and hygiene rules. No one other than Committee members and agreed key holders should be entering the D.C and should comply with social distancing rules.





Shop Rota

The Sunday shop remains closed at this time due to Covid-19 rules.


Distribution Centre and its’ future

Standing Item: No change to last month’s up date. Mike has had no response from CPC despite assurances that they would.

Until ownership of land and a lease contract is sorted then nothing can be progressed on the matter of the hut.



Plots & Plot Letting

Rod will head up a Plot Letting Sub-Committee with Bryan Roebuck and Jeanette Hyland assisting him.  A meeting took place in September.

They have looked at the rules and have submitted their proposals to the committee for consideration and approval. Change of rule proposals were as follows:

1.       Plot Splitting: Agreed

2.       Joining Fee & Plot Preparation:  Agreed

3.       Clarify final decision on terminating plot holders : Agreed

4.       Change 30 days to 40 days: Rejected

5.       Plot condition and Plot letters discretion: Rejected

6.       Seeding weeds:   Rejected

7.       Adopt New Plot Allocation Policy: To be deferred to next meeting once further points have been considered

The subcommittee is to meet again. Rod will organise an appropriate time and date and will contact Bryan and Jeanette accordingly.  They will also discuss the possibilities of a mentoring scheme for new plot holders.

Rod will be contacting plot holders from plot 50 up to 56 regarding path clearance particularly the boundary fence area.

There are currently 22 people on the plot waiting list.











Working Party

1 meter boundary fence clearance work to be considered – rear of plots 50 – 56. To be discussed at next meeting.


Main Gates

REMINDER: All plot holders are advised to close the gates upon leaving if they are the last person on the site irrespective if there is a car / bike there or not and whatever the time of day.  All plot holders must have the gate keys with them when attending their allotment. A gate key can be purchased from the shop costing £4.  Please contact Pete Greenway via email:  to arrange purchase and collection.

All Plot Holders

Centre Lane

The centre lane is now closed to all vehicles for the winter

All Plot Holders

AGM  & Committee Set Up

As reported last month due to Covid-19 this year’s AGM will not take place. 

All plot holders have been contacted via email regarding the postponement and their annual rent commitments.

All plot holders are asked to submit their rent no later than the end of October, failure to pay by then will mean your plot is revoked and will be deemed vacant.

Until a formal AGM can be held a temporary Chairman will need to be appointed and therefore anyone wishing to step into this role in the short term is invited to contact any committee member to put their name forward. New committee members are also being sought, so if you are interested in getting involved please come forward.

Pete G has been approached by Graeme Pierce Plot 59F enquiring to join the committee, which is welcomed by all. Pete G to clarify with Graeme and if all ok will join as a Co-opted member.









Pete G

Chinnor Pump

Stephen has now submitted an article for the October edition which is due out imminently. Anyone with ideas for submission is invited to contact Stephen to discuss.

Stephen Colley

Tree Removal Work

The large cherry tree lining the boundary fence to the rear of plots 85, 86 & 87 has now been removed and was successfully done without causing any disturbance to plot holder.


Boundary Fence to rear of 73 Cherry Tree Road

It has been agreed by the committee that there is no requirement for the owner of 73 Cherry Tree Rd to gain access to his boundary fence line from the allotment side. The owner can replace his boundary fence quite easily from his own garden as proven by other owners who have replaced their boundary fences without access to the allotments.

Bryan to contact Liz Folley at CPC of decision.





Associate Memberships

All associate memberships now need to be renewed and the appropriate fees paid - £3.00.  New membership cards will be ordered by Frans.  Diane to print off new forms for office folder.



Next meeting will be on Wednesday18th November 2020 at 7pm via Zoom Digital Conferencing.