Committee Meeting

Wednesday, January 20, 2021


Minutes of CAGA Meeting on 20th Jan 2021 via Zoom

Present : Bryan Roebuck, Peter Greenway, Diane Troye, David Shaw, Mike Ibbet, Rod Lavers, Stephen Colley,  Pete Bowler




Minutes of the last meeting were approved. 



Money in the bank stands at £13,153.30

Bryan has been in contact with 2 auditors, both have agreed to audit the accounts for a nominal fee. Pete will gather the information required and pass it over to Bryan, who will then deal with the auditors accordingly. He will report back in due course.

Insurance has been paid and committee member requirements have been met.


Pete G & Bryan




The shop remains operational during lockdown. Plot holders who wish to purchase anything from the shop can do so by placing an online order and agreeing a time to collect the items via Pete G.  Please contact Pete Greenway via email: to arrange purchase and collection.

The new seed order has now been delivered and Pete B has priced the packets up ready for selling.  He has also provided Frans with an up to date price list to be displayed on the CAGA Website.  Seeds that are relevant to spring sowing have been chosen initially with a further order to be made mid spring for summer and autumn seeds.

Pete is to chase up Growell for the 7mm Butterfly Netting plus the seed potatoes which are expected in February.  He will also order extra potato fertilizer.

With regard to the seed potatoes Pete has ordered various varieties and will confirm what they are once the delivery has arrived. A full list will be published on the Website and will be sold on a first come first served basis

The committee would like to thank Tich for cleaning and tidying up the DC.


Shop Rota


The Sunday shop remains closed at this time due to Covid-19 rules.


Plots & Plot Letting

Rod has contacted those plot holders who’s plots are in poor condition, Plot 8 is to be split in half, plot 16B will become a quarter plot and the plot holder of 80F has yet to respond.

There are currently 19 people on the plot waiting list, with four and half plots currently vacant




Working Party

No Change, Carried forward to next meeting


Main Gates

REMINDER: All plot holders are advised to close the gates upon leaving if they are the last person on the site irrespective if there is a car / bike there or not and whatever the time of day.  All plot holders must have the gate keys with them when attending their allotment. A gate key can be purchased from the shop costing £4.  Please contact Pete Greenway via email:  to arrange purchase and collection.

It is noted that people are “squeezing” around the side of the main gate rather than opening the gate with their key. This is opening up a gap which renders the allotment unsecure. Plot holders must use their gate keys. The gap will be fenced off / blocked off  as soon weather permits.

All Plot Holders

Centre Lane

REMINDER: The centre lane is now closed to all vehicles for the winter

All Plot Holders

Chinnor Pump

Due to Covid restrictions the Chinnor Pump is currently not in publication. This should hopefully resume once restrictions are lifted.

Stephen Colley

Allotment Communal Compost Heap Plot 30F


Effective from Sunday 20th December 2020 Plot 30F, the fire mound and compost heap is CLOSED to all Plot Holders.

Plot Holders must no longer dump anything on Plot 30F.  All plot holders must make their own arrangements for the removal of all weeds, plant vegetation, wood and rubbish by creating their own compost heap if they so wish and taking all rubbish to the local tip.  Anyone seen dumping items on Plot 30F will be held responsible and will be told to remove the rubbish accordingly.

Bryan to discuss with Allan best options for the removal of the compost heap.




All Plot Holders



Boundary Issue

There are 2 garage walls at the Scout Hut end of the allotment which have bowed and are now leaning on the boundary fence. It is not clear who owns the garages. Bryan will send out letters to all householders in close proximity to the garages to see if anyone knows who owns them.

The fence backing on to Willow Road will be repaired in February and the fence near Duck Square has been reported to the Council.


Departure of Frans Lytzen

The Committee would like to send their thanks to Frans for the work he has put into running the CAGA Website and producing the Newsletter over the past few years.  Frans has sadly given up his plot and place on the Committee but has kindly offered to continue running the website etc until the situation with Covid has improved.  We would like to wish him well for the future.

In the meantime Mike will contact Frans before next meeting with a view to taking on some of the work Frans was doing.







Next meeting will be on Wednesday 17th February 2021 at 7pm via Zoom Digital Conferencing.