Committee Meeting

Wednesday, October 17, 2018


Minutes of CAGA Meeting on 17TH October 2018

Present : Ged Wells, Pete Bowler, David Shaw, Stuart Harding, Stephen Colley, Mike Ibbet, Diane Troye

 Absent: Frans Lytzen



Minutes of the last meeting were approved. 



Accounts:  In the bank £9,965 following payment of rent and other bills



Price list to be reviewed by Stuart and passed to Diane for typing up and put in shop

 Stuart & Diane

Shop Rota

Sunday 28th October- Ged

Sunday 4th November - Mike

Sunday 11th November - Stuart

Sunday 18th November  – David and Diane

Shop duty rota to be placed on the notice board.






AGM Review


Discussion on rent issue raised by R. Davis:

Historically in the 1890’s the allotment was assigned to Chinnor Parish Council to be held in trust by them and to be used by the labouring poor of Chinnor. Therefore the monies paid to CPC are not technically a rent but a maintenance charge. CPC do not own the site.

Agreed that Mike and Ged would take the matter up further with CPC to seek greater clarification





GED & Mike


The taps are to be repaired as soon as possible. Ged and Stephen to assess degree of work needed

 Ged & Stephen

Allotment Equipment Use

Ged has spoken to John Cave regarding the legal wording for use of the allotment equipment and will follow this up with the aim of getting something in writing


Use of Church tables

The Church once again permitted the use of their chairs at the Annual BBQ for which our thanks are given. Ged to arrange for a donation to be made to the Church


Notice Board

A new notice board is to be erected at the Scout Hut End Car Park. David to fit new posts and fix a weatherproof notice board


Working Parties

A date is to be fixed for a working party to be organised on a Sunday instead of a Saturday following comments raised at the AGM. This will be notified to all Plot Holders and the response / turn out will be assessed.

Mike has proposed a rolling 3 month calander for such events to take place if they prove successful

 Next Meeting



Ged to contact the contractor with a view to getting the alarm up and working again. Two sensors need possible replacement and securing in place.


Annual Plot Rent Review

Annual plot holder rents need to be reviewed by the Committee prior to the AGM and all plot holders informed.  It is therefore necessary to review  rents in sufficient time to allow this to happen. July is proposed for this to be done so it can be minuted for plot holders to see.

It is agreed that Frans can assess the amount of  rent to be charged for odd sized plots.


Plot 13

Stuart has been in touch with “Spruce Up” based in Thame to find out if they can turn the plot around and get it back to a lettable standard.

Go ahead given for Stuart to get a quote for plots 13 and 16 and to let the committee know.  If work is carried out to the plots it is important that new plot holders take on the plots immediately so they do not fall into a state of neglect once more.




Distribution Centre and its’ future

At the AGM it came to light that CPC have funding available amounting to over £21,000 for use on Allotments which came about following the development of the Kiln Lakes housing development. The money is index linked but is time limited which expires in 2020 so needs to be spent by that date.

Following discussion between Ged and Brian Roebook it may be possible to put a proposal forward to CPC for the replacement of the D.C.  A survey would need to be undertaken of the D.C in order to report back to CPC.

It is agreed that Mike, Stephen and Brian will form a sub-committee to look into this matter and report back.

In the meantime David will make further contact with the Mill Lane Developer to see what their intentions are with the ground they are setting aside for allotment use.

The grant of £500 received from Chinnor Open Gardens for improvement work to the D.C has to be spent. In view of the above Stephen will speak with Chinnor Open Gardens committee to seek clarification if this can be set aside to go towards possible D.C replacement.





Mike, Stephen & Brian








 Other Items :  

Committee to look into arranging a carvery at the Bradmoor Farm on the 2nd or 9th December and inviting Tony Seymour who is giving up his plot after many years.

 Next meeting will be on Wednesday 21st November at 7.30pm in the D.C