Committee Meeting

Wednesday, December 18, 2019


Minutes of CAGA Meeting on 18th December 2019

Present : Ged Wells, Peter Greenway, Diane Troye, David Shaw, Mike Ibbet, Pete Bowler, Rod Lavers, Brian Roebuck

 Apologies: Stephen Colley, Frans Lytzen



Minutes of the last meeting were approved. 



Handover from Stuart Harding (ex Treasurer) to Pete Greenway is ongoing.

Annual Insurance has been renewed and paid.  Money in bank stands at £10,000 approx.  Invoice awaited from CPC for annual rent.  All other bills paid.



Delivery of chicken manure pellets and canes has now been received; prices appear to be the same as last time.

New catalogue of seeds has been received. Pete will assess what seeds are needed for the forthcoming season. Also looking to place an order for seed potatoes. This however will be a limited quantity order for delivery towards the end of February.  These will be sold on a “first come, first served basis”. Date of going on sale will be announced once known.




Pete B

Shop Rota

Sunday 22nd Dec  – Pete B & Pete G

Sunday 29th December -   SHOP CLOSED

Sunday 5th Jan    -     SHOP CLOSED

Sunday 12th  Jan   –    Diane & David

Shop duty rota to be placed on the notice board.






Distribution Centre and its’ future

Problems / changes have arisen since last meeting:

·       CPC are currently in the process of registering the allotment land in their name following Brian having provided evidence that the site was vested to CPC back in 1965 and are therefore the owners of the allotment. This means the Council is liable to raise money to maintain the site. Once land is registered the Council will consider raising a lease of either 5 or 10 years.

·       CPC will need to obtain planning permission  for a new D.C

·       Should CPC carry out the development, they may choose to use their own contractors.

Mike and & Brian propose to work together in contacting CPC to move the project forward, however ownership has to be finalised first.

Brian will remain as a co-opted member to the committee in order to deal with the D.C matter and help Frans with plot letting.







Mike & Brian


No report given.  Brian to liaise with Frans to find out the current situation.

Brian & Frans


The hawthorn tree currently lying in the entrance of the allotment will be cleared this coming Friday by Ged, Pete & Stephen following confirmation from the tree owners relinquishing all liability for it.

Confirmation received from CPC that the large cherry tree will not be cut down and does not in their opinion cause any problems to neighbouring properties.





 Other Items :  

MAIN GATES:  Plot holders are reminded to close and lock the gates if they are the last car to leave the site at night.


Xmas Gathering Invite To All : Sunday 22nd December from 12pm (after the shop closes) in the D.C – bring some nibbles and drinks – all are welcome

 Next meeting will be on Wednesday15th January 2020 at 7pm in the D.C


All Plot holders